- The judge may, at the judge's sole discretion, defer disposition on most cases.
- The holder of a commercial driver's license is not eligible for deferred disposition on moving traffic violations.
- Costs must be paid when the court grants deferred.
- Receive no additional citations for the term of the deferred.
- If you complete the required terms, the case is dismissed, and the court will impose a special expense fee not to exceed the maximum fine amount authorized by state law.
- The deferred period cannot exceed 180 days.
- The request must be in person, by counsel, by certified mail or by email. (If under 17, you must appear in open court with a parent or guardian to make the request.)
If you failed to appear on or before your original court date that was on your citation you may not be eligible for a deferral under the terms that are listed. Please contact the Municipal Court for more information by calling 409-643-5800.
Deferred Disposition Cost / Terms
|Accidents||$325 or more||180 days|
|Speeding 1 to 20 Miles Over||$300||90 days|
|Speeding 21 to 25 Miles Over||$300||120 days|
|Speeding 26 to 35 Miles Over||$325||180 days and Driving Safety Course|
|Speeding 35 or More Miles Over||N/A||N/A|
|All Other Moving Violations||$300||90 days|
|Cell Phone Violations||$300||90 days|
|Disorderly Conduct||$350||180 days|
|Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility (FMFR) Compliance (No Insurance)||$375||180 or more days|
|Passing Emergency Vehicle||N/A||N/A|
|Passing a School Bus||N/A||N/A|
|Work Zone Violation||N/A||N/A|